The right range bag can make your shooting more fun, more organized, and more productive. If you want to improve your shooting, you’ve got to get on the range. Repetition is the mother of skill. But to make the most of your trips to the range, you’ve got to have a good range bag to organize of your essential gear. At a bare minimum you want space for weapons, magazines, ammo, hearing protection, eye protection, emergency medical kit, gun oil, tool kit, cleaning kit, targets, and rags. And that’s not to mention everyday items like phones, keys, and so on.
Our general advice is to go with a larger range bag than you think is necessary. If you’ve been shooting for any length of time, you know that you accumulate a lot of gear fast. If you get a bag that is too small for you, you will have to replace it or get additional bags for individual items.
We also advice against using a bag made specifically for the range or other tactical purposes. General use backpacks or duffle bags can’t stand up to the task. It can be difficult to choose. There are hundreds of range bags on the market. Most are decent, but some are complete failures. Here are some of best range bags available.
This Explorer range bag has it all. You can organize, customize, and be prepared for just about anything that happens on the range. It can easily hold several pistols and hundreds of rounds of ammo. It is also made of extremely rugged 1200D ballistic nylon. They even offer a lifetime warranty.
The centerpiece of this Explorer range bag is a huge main compartment with customizable dividers. You can configure this space to suit your needs. It has 10 external and internal zippered pockets in total – including 2 removable pistol pouches. The pistol pouches are padded. This range bag also has lots of room for ammo. On one side there are 7 handgun magazine holders. On the other side there are 4 large rifle magazine holders. If you load up with only pistol mags, you can carry 14 in the holders alone. We love this design of having lots of small compartments because it lets you stay more organized.
This range bag solves so many problems. We hate wasting range time looking for something that got lost in the bottom of our bag. We also hate ruining range time by leaving crucial gear at home. This Explorer bag is big enough to load with all your essentials. It is also organized enough to save you time and energy on the range.
- Customizable Main Compartment
- Many Small Compartments
- 7 Pistol Mag Holders
- 4 Rifle Mag Holders
- Lockable Zippers (Required in Some States)
- Most Durable Fabric 1200D Ballistic Nylon
- Lifetime Warranty
- Adjustable to your needs
- 600 D heavy-duty ballistic nylon
- Rugged self-healing zippers
This range bag from DBTAC is the best small model for minimalists. If you want to streamline your range bag, this is an outstanding option. It is designed to carry 2 pistols and accompanying gear like ear cans, glasses, ammo, and such. Of course, the total carrying capacity is lower, but if you want to minimize the weight and bulk of your range bag, this is your bag.
The waterproof feature is a big bonus. This is excellent if you visit an outdoor range, but it is also great if you live in an area with lots of precipitation.
The 600 D nylon is less sturdy than the Explorer range bag, but it suits this smaller model very well. 600 D nylon is already a durable grade fabric, and with the smaller loads and lighter weights, this bag should last for years.
- ✔ WHAT YOU‘LL GET – DBTAC Pistol case bag for handguns/pistols/revolvers (main pocket: L12”xW5“xH8“/). Extra accessories as...
- ✔ DURABLE & UPGRADE SECURITY – Our Shooting Gun Bag is made of 600D polyester fabric, which is robust, waterproof and yet lightweight....
- ✔ ORGANIZED & ERGONOMICS – DBTAC discreet pistol bag is special sized to store 2x handguns, eye/ear protection and your essential gear...
Osage River makes some excellent gear. Their shooting bags have been a range favorite for years. The Osage River range bag has many of the same features as the Explorer bag. The main difference is the price and the fabric. The Osage River model costs about half as much as the Explorer bag. Osage River is able to cut costs by using 600 D ballistic nylon. Remember that the Explorer has 1200 D ballistic nylon. That added strength gives the Explorer model the edge in overall quality and durability. The trade off is price. The Osage River range bag has the advantage in price.
Let’s be clear. We respect the quality of Osage River range bags. They deliver excellent strength, durability, and value for the price. However, more expensive bags made of more expensive fabrics have an edge in overall build quality and durability.
- 9 Zippered Pockets
- 2 Removable Pistol Pouches (padded)
- Large Customizable Main Compartment
- 10 Magazine Holders
- Reinforced Stitching and Zippers
- Constructed with heavy duty zippers and durable 600D ballistic nylon to protect your gear from the elements and wear
- Features 9 spacious compartments and two adjustable padded dividers to organize your items in the main compartment
- Equipped with 5 external zippered pockets; the 2 large pockets offer magazine, ammunition, and accessory storage
More and more ladies are coming to range these days. There are a number of excellent range bags that deliver quality, function, and style. The Exos range bag is our top pick for the ladies.
This bag is large and has the ability to keep lots of gear neat and tidy. We love some of the design tweaks that make it more ergonomic. For example, the magazine holders are built into the main compartment divider. This keeps them centered and allows for better weight distribution. The Exos range bag has multiple pockets to keep everything in its place. And it has plenty of room for everything too.
Let’s be honest, the only real difference is the color. It comes in pink and purple. Ladies can go to the range well prepared and look cute at the same time.
- Constructed of Heavy Duty 600 Denier Polyester Weather Resistant Fabric.
- Exterior MOLLE Webbing and Two Velcro Loops for Attachments or Accessories.
- Dual Zippered Velcro Opening for Full Access to the Main Compartment.
This range bag can be worn as a backpack, but the rollers are it special feature. This rolling range bag is an excellent option for anyone who wants or needs a little help lugging all their gear around. It can be godsend for the elderly, someone with a bad back, or anyone who wants to lighten their load.
On the front, there is a trapdoor zipper pocket that reveals the weapon storage space. There is a zipper pocket inside the trapdoor. The storage space is divided into 5 separate pistol compartments. Each one heavily padded to protect your weapons from any damage. There are 5 removable pistol pouches – also padded. The main compartment is on top. It has 2 adjustable dividers. The top flap also has a zipper pocket made of waterproof material. There are 2 medium sized zipper pockets on the side and a small “hidden” zipper pocket on the back.
It lacks dedicated magazine holders, but there is ample space to hold up to 10 magazines. The flat horizontal orientation of the top compartment will keep magazines fairly well organized, although they will rattle around a bit without dedicated holsters.
- ✔️ SIZE MATTERS: We designed this pistol backpack so you can take it all! The front pouches measure 9.5” x 7”. The backpack measures...
- ✔️ 12-MONTH GUARANTEE: 'Apollo2' packs are covered by our 12-Month Factory Defect Guarantee.
- ✔️ AMERICAN COMPANY, FROM GUYS WHO SHOOT: We have added 5 pistol pouches. We also added backpack straps on the side and shoulder straps...
There are a few more outstanding range bags that you might want to check out.
- 4 Pre-Cut Foam Pistol Cradles
- 10 Zippered Pockets
- Main Compartment
- Holds 10 magazines
- Hands free transportation to and from the range or on the trails
- The foam cradle is designed to fully protect and hold 4 handguns up to 8 5/8" in overall length
- Twin side pockets store 6 extra magazines each along with all your gear
- Customizable Main Compartment
- 1200 D Ballistic Nylon
- Waterproof Bottom
- Hard Sag-Proof Bottom
- 2 Removable Pistol Pouches
- 7 Compartments
- Removable Spent Ammo Pouch
- RANGE BAGS FOR HANDGUNS - Engineered specifically with your range needs in mind, this Heavy Duty premium quality bag easily accommodates...
- LARGE CAPACITY - Staying organized is easy with 7 compartments. Measuring 18" x 14" x 10", this bag has a place for everything shooters need...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY - Constructed with 1200 Denier Polyester fabric, this premium tactical gear bag is extra rugged, durable and stays upright...
Voodoo Tactical is one of the most trusted brands in the industry. Their line of Lady Voodoo products deliver the same high level of performance and quality. This range bag in particular is exceptionally well made and exceptionally stylish.
- 8 pockets
- 10 Magazine Capacity
- 1000 D Nylon
- Customizable Main Compartment
- Reinforced Stitching and Bottom
- Constructed with heavy padded "cross-cut" stitching, double pull-top zipper with web handle for access to main compartment
- Main compartment contains two full length open-top end pockets, one divided side pocket with elastic loops
- Two exterior padded covered end pockets, two full length padded side zip compartments, one with divided compartment to hold essentials and...
We advise getting a range bag that gives you room to grow. If you’ve been shooting for any length of time, you know how easy it is to collect more and more gear. If you have a larger bag, you have more options. Luckily, there are so many excellent choices in range bags.