Whoever said that Generation 1 Monoculars are dead was sorely mistaken. The Nightfall II from Firefield brings you great quality images and resolution, a high power built-in IR illuminator, great ergonomic design and a super close focus range.
When it comes to night vision, bigger isn’t always better, which in this case highlights the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall II, which points out that size is by no means an indicator of lesser quality.
You’ll be happy to find that the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall II surpasses your wildest dream with the durable design and the high-quality optics, not to mention the very attractive price tag it comes with! Feeling intrigued yet? Read on to see just why this night vision monocular should be on your “have-to-have” list…
The tiny, compact body of the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall packs a powerful 50mm lens, giving it that distinctive look. It looks front end heavy, but it’s anything but heavy and actually turns out that the ergonomic design and comfortable grip totally works on this device!
The user controls on the side of the device are great for easy operation in the darkest of conditions and the exterior housing (made from durable rubber) was definitely designed with durability in mind.
The Nightfall II is fully weather resistant, making it a great outdoor device even in bad weather conditions. As far as power goes, the 5X50 Nightfall uses two AA batteries, which should give you about 20 hours of use.
Overall, the design is probably anything but flashy and sleek, but seeing that you’ll be using it in the dark, it should be the least of your worries.
The Key Features
Okay so we have to admit that the glow of the infrared light will attract attention in the dark, so you’re not going to be able to use this device (with the IR on) passively.
The 5X50 Nightfall has 5X magnification and you’ll get a field of view of roughly 15 degrees.
Want to know about the resolution? You’ll get about 36 lines per millimeter, which is awesome for a device with a price tag as low as this.
What We Love and Don’t Love
Overall, the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall is a pretty well-rounded night vision device and it’s got a lot of really great aspects and not too many downfalls.
- Offers 5X Magnification
- It’s super compact
- It has an IR illuminator and power saving feature
- Offers about 24 hours of battery life
- It’s fully weather resistant
- It has a large objective lens
- It’s lightweight and user-friendly
- It uses simple AA batteries
- The IR light will be visible to those using night vision
- The monocular doesn’t come with batteries included
- The Firefield Nightfall II has a 5X50 Magnification & Objective Lens Diameter
- It offers you a 15-degree field of view
- You get 36 lines of millimeter when it comes to resolution
- It has 180-meter range of detection
- With the IR on you’ll have about 20 hours of battery life and when the IR isn’t in use, you can aim for about 72 hours of battery life
- It uses two AA batteries
- Measures in at 205 x 95 x 60
- Weighs in at only 15.2 ounces
What Others Are Saying
It’s obviously pretty important to read up on how other customers experienced their device, before taking the final plunge and buying one for yourself, which is why we’ve summed up what customers are saying about this night vision device
- 59% of customers gave this monocular a 5-star rating on Amazon
- The most loved features seem to be the device’s sturdiness. The fact that it’s solid and works with simple AA batteries
- Customers feel that for the price they paid, the Nightfall II delivered the very best value
- Customers seemed to be pretty bummed out about the whole “narrow field of vision” thing and wished they could see more with the monocular
Wrapping It Up
If you want a monocular that’s easy to use and comes with a very competitive price tag, the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall Night Vision Monocular is a great choice. It’s nothing flashy, but it’s pretty durable and super reliable, which makes it a winner in our books.
It’s the ideal night vision device that’s suitable for a very wide variety of night time applications, offering you convenient operation for uses such as nighttime hunting, search and surveillance as well as general observation. It’s no wonder they claim the Firefield 5X50 Nightfall Monocular they key to victory!